Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 10: Tornado Season

It has been a while since I have rode my bike to work and then come right back home. I decided to make today that day mainly because Ashley and I have many things to do tonight. I can't believe how exhausted I felt yesterday. It makes since when I put everything together.

1 hour morning bike ride + 8 hours of work + two hour bike ride in afternoon + a tornado hitting me in the face = Exhaustion

See the formula just makes sense.

I prayed for energy before I passed out last night and for the first time in a long time I felt refreshed. I rode t.o work, riding with the wind and making good time (45 minutes). By around 11 am my eyes usually start closing, but today it was not like this at all! It was amazing so PTL (praise the Lord). I wish I could say that the afternoon ride was easy breezy, but once again things did not go as planned. I am not sure if it is tornado season but I am confident the wind is trying to kill me. There were also other things that contributed to my adventure...

3pm: Everyone at work is celebrating
because we are doing a great job
3:01pm: My boss screams, "Happy Hour
on me, get your drink orders!"
3:10pm: Drink orders have been placed...
I ordered a large Blue Coconut Slush
3:30pm: No one has left to get the drinks
and happy hour ends at 4pm (we are getting worried)
4pm: The drinks arrive as promised and I dive
into the blue sugary goodness
4:45pm: Stomach angry with Taylor
5:10pm: Leave work on my bike
5:15pm: Realize the wind is not with me (35mph against me)
5:30pm: Blue substance begins running down my leg

OK that last part was made up, but still drinking a slush of any kind is not recommended before going on a bike ride. I am starting to get the idea that food right before cycling is a bad idea, but as a man I cannot turn down free.

I swallowed a bug today. Did not taste like anything and went down with no issues. Tried coughing him up, but that thing was gone. I wonder what he thinks about his new home.

People at work have told me I am trimming down. I am still eating the same, but maybe having no vehicle is helping with that.

3 comments:

  1. That is a lot of bike riding. And blue coconut slush definitely sounds better than bugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I about fell out of my chair when I read the part about you swallowing a bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i seriously just *gasped* at work when I read "blue substance running down leg," i should've known better! lol. NICE! And i'm sure you did trim down a bit.

    ReplyDelete