Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 11: It's Grease Lightning!


Morning start time: 6:40am
Arrival time: 7:16am
Weather Conditions: Perfect (60 F, little wind)

I finally broke the 40 minute barrier! All of the riding for the past couple of weeks is paying off. The only issue now is that I am super early to work.

Afternoon start time: 5:15pm
Arrival time:6:20pm
Weather Conditions: Wind at 25-35mph, big surprise

I can't believe I am saying this but I am starting to despise my ride home from work. It is always windy and the drivers want to kill me. It usually only takes me 1 mile before I wish that I had my car. I know I will make it home eventually but as I am riding all I am thinking about is my car. Maybe this is just the two week hump that I am getting over before I will never need a car again!

Today was in fact my closest to getting hit by a car. It happened while I was nearing the end of my ride and was crossing the street. I was nearing the opposite sidewalk when a guy zooms by to take a right turn on red. I was doing the right thing on my part, but he was obviously only looking one way and did not see the person approaching! He did stop and I went around him, but man the look on his face was one of extreme sorrow. I believe he honestly felt bad, which is a step up from drivers pulling out so I have to go around them and staring me down.

This week has been a super busy one and it will only get busier this weekend. Ashley and I will be making our annual Easter trip to Kansas (where she is from). I am excited about getting to see some fun people but it also means we will be packing tonight. This week has just been one thing after the next.

I tried to convince Ashley to let me ride to the OK-KS border but she kindly told me no. Not really the safest idea and we are not leaving until after work so it would be too late in the day. While I have only been riding for the past 11 days it has been hard learning to put all my trust in other drivers. I am so used to being in control every single day and when I ride along I just have to sit back and let things happen.

Not sure how much I will blog this weekend, but I will make sure not to drive at all. Also if you enjoy eating healthy or want to start doing so then check out my wife's blog. I cooked the meal that is featured tonight!

No word from Biker Fox yet and I will make sure to post weigh in results for the week on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment