Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 3: A little bit of rain never hurt

Morning Temperature: 62 F
Start Time: 6:45am
Arrival Time:7:25am
Miles: 9
Music: Grizzly Bear, Veckatimest


I woke up this morning and immediately had a longing to stay in bed. A baby cries in the distance for his mother. Our dog greets me with a wet tongue in my face. Now, it is time to get up. As I left on my bike this morning one drop of rain hit my forehead and I knew it was going to be a good day. I kicked it into high gear even though my body was telling me not to. The wind was with me and the rain was behind me. As I approached the office the rain started falling.

Taylor 1 Rain 0

Afternoon Temperature: 70 F
Start Time: 5:10pm
Arrival Time:5:35pm
Miles: 4
No music, slight drizzle

Today after work I did not go home, but instead I met my beautiful wife at her work. She brought the bike rack with her and so I was able to put my bike on that and get a ride with her. The reason for the change was because we were going to Mcnellie's where we enjoyed $3 burger night. The place was packed but we got a table within ten minutes, ate some burgers and went home.

Now, I know what a few of you might be thinking and no I did not drive. The main purpose of this blog is to see what life is like without a car. The good thing is that the person I live with does! So every now and then (mainly when going downtown) I will get a ride with her. I do have plans though to do a loop of the city of Tulsa. Not sure when that will take place but I will keep everyone posted.

If I were to update everyone on my progress I would say that I feel more then able to complete the entire thirty days, but I am exhausted right now. I never thought I would be ready to go to sleep at 8:40pm, but my eyes are shutting right now.

Lesson learned: biking in the rain is a great way to cool off and I actually enjoyed it.

Stay tuned for stories that are inspiring me to continue to push it to the next limit.

7 comments:

  1. You do realize that this initiative does not make Texas proud, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulsa rains are nothing to be trifled with, but you punched that rain in the face then spit on it as you walked away. Nicely done, and sweet Blogrimage.

    P.S. I agree with Raf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do realize that and I hope that all I do in my lifetime will never make Texas proud of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. *struck by a longing for McNellies burgers and sweet potato fries.... !

    ReplyDelete