Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 8: A familiar face


As I fell asleep last night around 11:30pm I had a bad feeling about the next day. As I opened my eyes at 6 am I felt like crap. My throat was killing me and my nose was stuffed to the rafters. I got up, blew my nose and decided to go back to bed. I do not want to blame the cycling for this sickness, but everyone at work believes this is the reason for my stuffiness. I called one of my co-workers and then fell back asleep.

I had a whole lot of things I needed to get done at work today so I was hoping that I would feel better by around noon. And as I rested for a couple more hours I felt great. PTL! Ashley came back home during lunch to pick me up and take me to work. The only problem with this plan is that she was running late and needed to be on time. So, the only solution in both of our minds was for her to drop me off at 21st and Lewis(where she works) and I would walk the rest of the way. It was only 4 miles and I knew that the fresh air would be good for me. Little did I know the adventure I would have during my walk.

I was about 3 miles into it, listening to Journey on Pandora, when a familiar face rode up beside me on a bike of his own. I know what you are all thinking, was it Biker Fox or maybe even the Nintendo 64 kid, no it was the Jord himself! I am not sure if everyone knows who the Jord is, but he is also a living legend of Tulsa, in my mind. I was just talking with a friend about how much I hoped to run into him on this journey. Within two days this dream became a reality. We spoke about life outside ORU and then he told me he had to go turn in an application for a job. I told him where I worked and then he asked me my name (I guess I am not as popular as I thought). I told him to apply for a job at Link America and he actually did! He put me as a reference, not sure if I can help him get the job. I did not see him come to the office and he never actually said goodbye. He is mysterious like that.

I am stoked about getting back on the bike tomorrow. Supposed to be a day that actually feels like Spring! I have sent an email to Biker Fox in hopes of a meeting between the two of us, but I have yet to hear back. I am sure that it will happen, but I believe it will be random. Everyone should know that fox attacks happen when you least except them. I will keep everyone posted on my fox hunting.

3 comments:

  1. the Jord! Holy crap I thought he was... well, gone. I only got my copy center job because he went ape shizz on a customer one day and got fired. He also used to make bread for a few bucks... it was good. You have no idea how much joy this post has brought into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jord!! Amazing, so matter how long I visit Tulsa, somehow I always run into him...weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post - Blake read it too and laughed really hard :)

    ReplyDelete