Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 4: Red Squirrel in the mornin

I am trying to be out before 6:30am and the weather conditions are not going to stop me. Here is what is happening in Tulsa right now...
Temperature 48 F
Winds at 10mph
Rain Showers

Better get out the poncho because here comes another victory for Biker Wolf

Made it to work..soaking wet (rained more than I expected it to). Need to get back to work, but pictures coming later tonight of the aftermath. Golden Corral for lunch today on the boss. This will be my first time going there ever in my life! I am stoked.


Taylor 2 Rain 0

Afternoon Temperature: 57 F
No rain, clothes dry
Music: Fleet Foxes, EP and LP

The weather leaving work this afternoon was so perfect that I had to take my time getting home. The wind was with me and it was amazing. Golden Corral did not hold me back despite being the best and worst experience I have had with food. Four plates of food seemed amazing initially but once back at work this food that brought so much pleasure resulted in headaches and stomach pains. It also made me ridiculously tired for the last three hours of work.

Biking to and from work has become something that I crave. Everyday I sit at my desk and recruit truck drivers. Not the most exciting job in the world. I enjoy what I do but it can also be an extremely frustrating job. Wish I could describe more of why it is like that, but just trust me when I say my afternoon bike ride is not a bad thing...it something I look forward to.

Today was an interesting day with the people at work. It seems like riding your bike in the rain is unheard of to most and so I got positive reactions from people and what seemed like negative ones from others. I believe that many of them think I am going to get hit by a car and that I am insane. Something that I am loving from this journey is that my co-workers are talking about doing something to better their lives. Although I might miss the convenience of a car, I am enjoying the introspection that living life without it brings.

Lesson learned: People might have the right away, but drivers in Tulsa do not know this.

2nd lesson learned: Golden Corral is epic, might need six months of rest before going again.

8 comments:

  1. Golden Corral! I am interested in how a bike ride goes after feasting there. I do love that place though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bike ride went well even after the feast, i just roundhouse kicked Golden Corral in the face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name Biker Wolf! Way to be a catalyst at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor! This is so awesome!!! You think this could work in the Houston streets? Galleria area? :)

    I'm inspired to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha the Houston streets would be insane! I would say yes but wear football pads to do that bro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice of music for the ride home. Invite your work friends to a blogrimage...

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHA...walking after Golden Corral is hard, I'd DEF say you round-house kicked them if you BIKED after that type of feast. Good grief! Love the photos...I'm *cough* "catching up" on your blog.

    ReplyDelete