Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day Two: I'm still here

Morning Temperature: 39 F
Start Time: 6:50am
Arrival Time:7:32am
Miles: 9

So, I left much earlier this morning due to the fact that I was late the other day. It was still dark outside, but the sidewalk conditions were much better then yesterday. Ice was completely gone (with a few patches here and there) and the temperature felt warmer then yesterday. This morning I decided to turn on pandora and listen to Dirty Projectors radio...mmmm good choice. I felt strange walking in today because I came from the front and had to walk by everyone in the office with my helmet, sweat, and my bike. My bike is filthy right now after hitting some mud yesterday. My female co-workers were pleased to see that I brought a towel and deodorant today. I do not have helmet hair because my hair is short right now, but I did have a red helmet line across my head. I will have to document this with a picture tomorrow.

I feel stronger then yesterday and actually have a good amount of energy to work hard today. Went to bed at 10pm last night, that could have something to do with it.



Afternoon Temperature: 75 F
Start Time: 5:10pm
Arrival Time: 6:10pm
Miles: 9
Weather Conditions: Windy, windy, windy 15-20mph

Ok so I made it back home on my second day of this adventure and I am exhausted. It seems like every mile that I went in the afternoon my throat was dry and each time I tried to swallow it felt like cracking. I had water with me so I was not dying by any means but I am not sure how else to describe it. I would have probably enjoyed this ride more if it had not been so windy. The video below will show you what I mean.



I am learning that I enjoy the morning time much better mainly due to the lack of wind going to work and it seems like there is much less traffic before 7am then there is after 5pm. I might try to leave even earlier tomorrow and see what that is like. It is strange though that I look forward to riding my bike in the afternoon even though I know it will be more difficult after riding in the morning.

It was great riding down the street today because the spring temperature brought people out. Spotted three other bikers, many walkers, one boy playing with nunchucks, and a dude in a statue of liberty outfit. If I see either of the last two tomorrow I will take a picture with them to show you all their awesomeness.

A comment was made on my previous post mentioning a book called Divorce Your Car! Well, I have found that book at the Tulsa Library and I hope to include some insight from this book in the coming blogs.

4 comments:

  1. You are the Blogrimage. Bro, I may use my jump for transportation for the rest of my journey. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea...I might have to try that tomorrow

    ReplyDelete