Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 28, 29, 30: It is over!

After not riding my bike on Sunday or Monday (Ashley drove me everywhere) I felt that it was necessary to ride my bike to work on my final day of the blogrimage. It has been an incredible journey and after not riding my bike for a few days in a row I actually feel sore. I started this journey with cold weather and it looks like I ended it with cold weather. I am looking forward to driving my car again, but I am still unsure of what the future holds for me this summer. I know I will ride to work again, but how often? People at work will probably be happy with me if I never ride it again (mainly due to the sweat). I do feel more fit and healthy since I started and I have been able to eat a ton of food and not gain weight. One thing my wife is concerned about it what I will do for exercise now. In my opinion it was a cool lifestyle that I chose for the last thirty days because I was able to get to work and back as well as exercise for close to two hours everyday!

I started this 30 day blogrimage mainly as a challenge for myself. I did finish it today (minus one day on Saturday) and I will see how I feel returning to normal life. What started as something I just wanted to complete ended up being more thought provoking. I had no idea I would be thinking about gas money, the environmental impact of not driving, or what life was like outside of my Lexus cage. It is strange what happens when you focus so much energy and attention to one thing. I want to spend more time reflecting on the entire event and I will save that for another post.

I will make sure to post before and after calve muscle pictures for everyone. Thanks for joining me on this journey. Ride Strong!

3 comments:

  1. rock on! great job Taylor! proud of you...what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mesha...I am still thinking about that one. The first thing will be 30 days of not blogging, after that we will see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 days of NOT blogging...crazy talk! But blogging is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete