Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 20: He does exist!

I left the house at around 3:15pm after doing some spring cleaning to go look for Biker Fox. I felt that my chances were very high that I would find him on Riverside. I started my journey going down the Creek Turnpike and did not hit Riverside until around 4pm. As I passed by the Jenks bridge I spotted him! I could not believe it at first and I am almost kept going in the other direction. But, I made a u turn and rode directly behind Biker Fox. He was wearing a helmet and blue spandex shorts and whistling as he passed people on the left side to get their attention. I got close enough to where I felt comfortable shouting out "Biker Fox!" There was no response, but then I saw him stopping for water.

As I approached him I hopped off my bike and started telling him about the journey I was on. We talked about his business, his world record, and urban biking. I told him that I was riding to work everyday and he made sure that I was wearing my helmet. The first thing he actually asked me after we met was, "Where is your helmet, brother?" He told me not to ride on the streets and that he has been given many tickets by the police for doing this. After the conversation I asked him for a picture and a video. He was really cool about it and he has some advice for people out there. I will make sure to post the entire Biker Fox PSA tomorrow, but for now here is the picture and a short preview. Enjoy...


1 comment: