Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 25: Finally!

I am glad that I now have some time in my day to tell you all what has been going on since Monday. My week had the potential to start off terribly because I left the house at around 7:20am. I normally try to leave the house at 7am at the latest so 20 minutes behind schedule meant that I would be late to work. At about a mile into the ride I heard a familiar voice say, "Hey do you need a ride!" As I turned around I spotted an SUV with Carl (a guy from work) driving and his daughter was in the front seat. He pulled into the nearest parking lot and we put my bike in the back. After he dropped his daughter off at school we talked about life and other things. It was the first time I had been on the highway before 8am in more than 20 days. It was a rude awakening to the madness of drivers getting to work. I found out that Carl has moved many places in his life and he was actually living overseas in Germany when the Berlin Wall came down. That is pretty epic.

The second story of the day was a simple act of kindness from Gerad (another co-worker). I was leaving work and needed to make it home before 6pm because of the marriage group Ashley and I go to every Monday. As I started to make my first turn he told me to throw my bike in the back of his truck. He gave me a ride halfway home and it saved me a whole lot of time. It was awesome and I can't believe I got two rides in one day!

Yesterday I was riding home and I saw a trail below a bridge on 21st street (I will make sure to photograph it tomorrow). It is the Mingo Trail here in Tulsa and it goes from 11th to 41st street along Mingo. It is pretty sweet, but unfortunately it does not go as far as I live and it is actually faster to just go straight down Garnett. I hate having to deal with cars, but it takes much longer getting to the trail for it to be a better decision.

The other night I was given free tickets to go see Mutemath play at the Brady Theater here in Tulsa. It was a sick show and I was able to get a ride to and from the show. The tickets actually came from Blayze. It is his birthday today and so what you should all do is write on his wall and tell him happy birthday because he is awesome.

I decided to bring back a picture from my time in China last year. My old bike that lasted me a few months (I ended up wearing it out beyond repair) is seen in the photo. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment