Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 12: Carry on my wayward son


Did not ride today. My wife and I are now in Kansas for Easter and I am looking forward to a fun weekend. I will be running tomorrow for some exercise and then I will have my first weigh in. I am not so sure that I have lost any weight with all the extra food I have been eating, but hopefully I have stayed about the same.

While Ashley was driving I got a chance to read some of the "Divorce Your Car" book. I am starting to realize that riding my bike everyday and only using one car could save a whole lot of money and frustration. My car actually has a tire that is leaking air, so that will need to get fixed before I start driving again in 18 days. There is also the high price of gas as well as oil changes a few times a year. I will be posting more information that the book talks about tomorrow, but it is close to 11pm and Ashley and I are sharing a computer tonight.

Two crazy things that happened today in Kansas before I go. The first was that we passed by a huge fire and actually drove through the smoke that was covering a large section of the road. It seemed like it was a controlled fire and we kept debating whether or not to turn around and take a picture. It would have been perfect but we kept going. The second thing that happened was that Kansas City experienced some intense wind today. We missed all of it, but upon arrival we saw that the wind was so powerful that it tipped a semi truck over! I thought I was dealing with some intense wind in Tulsa, but I can't imagine riding my bike into that. If I went with the wind maybe I could have flown...

1 comment: