Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 15 and 16: Jack in the Box


The weather has been warm and the wind has been light the last couple of days. This has made for some great riding. Monday was not a very adventurous day, but rather a hectic one. If there was any day that I wish I had my car it would be on Mondays. Ashley and I attend a young married couples group at our church and it starts at 6:30pm every week. I have been able to lead worship the last few weeks and so I like getting there early and warming up. The only problem with getting there early is that it takes me an hour to get home because of the wind coming right at me. I did say the wind is getting better, but it is still intense enough to push my ride back 20 minutes! So, after getting home at 6pm on Monday I skipped dinner and tried my best to clean up so I would not stink during the service. Ashley does not get off till 6 so we left the house at 6:20pm. We made it by around 6:35pm and I was able to warm up and everything was still awesome. It was still a close call though.

A verse we went over at the group was John 12:24-25.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in the world will keep it for eternal life."

The question that has been burning in my mind from this was, how are you planting your life into other people? After searching myself I realized that I have not been doing this at all. I am not depressed after realizing this, I am joyous! I love it when I am living my life the way I think I should be and God shakes me up. I know that each time I turn aside from my busy life and spend time with him that I need to do something with that. It is not only for me to know, but for those around me. There really is no pressure to say or do the perfect thing, but rather just to remember that I am called to plant life into others.

I am happy to hear that different friends of mine are stepping out because of this Blogrimage and starting their own journeys. I know this time has showed me a whole lot about myself and what I can be thankful for, so I hope it does the same for others as well.

Today was an interesting day that was supposed to end with some amazing fast food. I am talking about Jack in the Box! Now, I have never had In and Out burgers and many people will tell me it is the best, but Jack in the Box would have to be up there as well. The Ultimate Cheeseburger is truly a thing of glory and I was hoping to get my first one in a few years. This is the first Jack in the Box in the Tulsa area since the 1970s. I enjoyed it while living in Texas and have missed it a whole lot. As I arrived at around 6pm the line was going out the door! The place just opened yesterday and so I decided to pass on it for tonight and get some Sonic instead. Still a great choice but I had to eat my burger alone, while I knew there were people eating Ultimate Cheeseburgers across the street.

I did end up biking 4 more miles on top of the usual ride home and I made some bad decisions along the way. I do not like riding on the road because people in cars scare me, but I was forced to do this a couple of times. I had to take a different route home to get there and so many times the sidewalk would just vanish. It would reappear magically about a mile later and during that time I had to either go off road (which is super slow) or ride on the street (which is super dangerous). When I was about a block from Jack in the Box I was on the road and I could almost feel the side mirrors grazing my arm. Scary stuff...sorry about that mom. I am alive and I should make sure to call all my fellow co-workers tonight and tell them I will once again not be on the local news reports.

2 comments:

  1. honey...you didn't tell me those stories in the last paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude.... I enjoy Jack in the Box tacos - so greasy and bad for you, and sooooo tasty!

    ReplyDelete