Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 1 (Part 2): I am Pathetic

I want chocolate
I want pie
I want steak
I want meat of any kind
I want a pastrami sandwich
I want the Italian food my wife is making right now
I do not want kimchi

I apparently have some major issues with self-control and food. I love food and eat a lot of it. Now, that I am limited to three meals a day of rice and kimchi I no longer have a strong desire for it. I actually did not want to go to lunch or dinner today because I knew what I was going to have to eat. I am proud that I made it through the first day, but I can tell this might be one of the hardest things I will ever do. It sounds sad and pathetic, but I bow down to the god of food and eat whatever makes me feel happy. Riding a bike in freezing rain was easier than this because at least I got to eat whatever I wanted.

This will be an uphill battle, but I made it my first day.

2 comments: